Saturday, March 25, 2006

SNORE AWAY

Do you snore?
No? Not at all?
Liar. Hehehehe :-)
Sound like a wheezing cow about to be sembelih?
Kroooh...krooohhh...ackkkkhhh ?
Or just a gentle zzzt.. zzzt... ?

Well, I didn't use to snore. But lately if I happen to doze off in front of the telly or something, I'd suddenly wake up to mom's gentle nudging (or hard shake to my shoulders, depending on how long it took her to wake me up hehehe) "oooiii... berdengkur..."

Since I'll be attending a course outstation, and being a lowly government servant deserving only the most modest twin-sharing accommodation, I thought I'd better fix the snoring, in case my would-be roomate is a light sleeper. Tapi mungkin jugak dia punya snore lagi violent dari aku punya, kan? :-) Anyway, off I went to a pharmacy, and bought this :-


So here's a little of what the little pamphlet in the box says :-

- Snoring occurs when there is an obstruction to the free flow of air through the passages at the back of the mouth and nose. (OK......)

- i.e caused by swelling of the mucous membranes in the nose, poor muscle tone of the tongue and throat, or breathing through the mouth while sleeping causing the membranes to dry up and swell. (OK... all these are beyond my control...)

- This nasal spray works by lubricating the membranes to prevent snoring, leaving everybody to sleep soundly and to get a better nights sleep. (don't you just love how they insinuate guilt on the snorer by using the word 'everybody' here heheheh)

- Snoring may also be helped by sleeping prone, or on one's side. (helpful hints)

- Try to avoid alchoholic beverages, sleeping tablets or antihistamines at bed time. (OK no problem here)

- Being overweight has also been related to snoring. (oh shut up already!)

( Jie is a little miffed, because she IS somewhat tipped towards 'heavy' on the weighing scales. She is trying hard to lose some weight, but at the same time is finding it so hard to resist cheesecakes. Hmmphft. )

9 comments:

Izhal said...

anti establishment??? hahaha ... depends on the establishmentlah jie...

snore is caused by sleep... dont sleep=no snore...

Lily G said...

I have this suspicioun that I snore. But no way of telling lah. Overweight? Sigh.

maklang said...

Betul kata Izhal....

Snore tak snore I still love my Cik Abang and he loves me... Alhamdulillah...

Izhal said...

eh jie, buat apa tu??? orang ramai komen ni... snoring ke???

JIE said...

Haha nice one, Izhal :-)

Unfortunately your theory is impossible to practice hehehe

JIE said...

Lily,

Am doing no better in that department *sigh* the alternative - having MOM tell you that you snore - is a pathetic bleargh!

JIE said...

Maklang,

Proof that love conquers all, eh? :-) Anyway from my experience too, after some time we get used to the snores and it won't bother us anymore lah, kan?

JIE said...

Izhal,

Outstation la, encik izhal... hehehe

aNIe said...

as'kum jie...kak lady buat kunjungan balas ni...hehhe...berdengkur? Memang kita tak tau samada kita berdengkur atau tidak hinggalah ada orang lain yang tegur jika kita berdengkur...dan setakat ini belum ade lagilah yang tegur...