Sunday, April 13, 2008

MAIWAIBEE

I guess I owe him an apology, or at least to correct my previous post here. But then, being as disinterested in politics as I am, not surprising if I never heard of him before la kan. Lagipun since dia bukan calon be-end, he wasn't given publicity by the media. Poster dia pun tak sebanyak poster kak pah noli, but there was one giant poster put up near my house. I don't know how his campaign went, only that one day my dad got back from masjid with his campaign flyer (flyer saiz A4 je, as opposed to kak pah noli's booklet of her lifestory), and my dad was suitably impressed with this young chap he met at the masjid.

Anyway, here he is, YB Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad, ADUN Seri Setia, and Setiausaha Politik to Menteri Besar Selangor. I hope it's not too late to say 'Welcome to Kelana Jaya, YB'.

Why the sudden attention, Jie?

Camana nak cerita eh?

I am actually a registered be-end member (hah!). Have been so for a very long time, in fact since they first set up the cawangan here. Abah den kan kojo gomen, musti la join be-end. Tapi tulahnya, masa nak set up cawangan, orang gomen tuo-tuo ni lah bersusah-payah buek kojo, kempen carik ahli bagai. Lopeh tu, masuk taun dopannya, urang tuo-tuo tu somuo kono tondang jang oiii... ajk baru semuo urang mudo, kojo bisnes bagai. Habih manis, sopah dibuang. Tapi miko soba-an laie. Masih datang AGM laie. Tapi tulahnyo, bilo bontang penyato akaun, ado ruponyo dapek duit peruntukan, entah bilo diguno, baki kosooong manjang. Bontang senarai aktiviti pun, umang aiii... ado ruponyo aktiviti, lawatan la, jamuan la, majlis la, tapi takdo satu pun yang kami dijomput atau diboie tau. Camno ahli 'suci hati' cam esei ni nak lokat percayo ngan miko? Abah den, semuo kami la, percayo ngan perjuangan asal-eh be end tu, tapi rasonyo kito semuo tau camno keadaan sekarang ni kan. 'Nuff said.

So OK, rakyat dah beri mandat. Harap waibee-waibee baru ni semua dapat jalankan amanah masing-masing dengan baik. Nik Nazmi (nama glamernya 'Budu'... errkkk...?? haha!) has been a blogger for a long time, tapi aku tak pernah terjumpa blog dia sebelum ni la. But you can check him out here. I think almost all the new waibees have their own blog or website, and I hope these sites will be consistently read and updated, as I'm sure certain segments of the rakyat find it more comfortable to air their opinions, suggestions and complaints etc cyberically (is there such a word? haha!)

I'm impressed at what someone as young as 26 years old, has achieved, and has contributed to society. Aku masa umur 26 tu... siang sibuk keje, malam sibuk karaoke ke makan-makan ke, hujung minggu gi picnic ke roadtrip ke... hampeh! Padan le aku takleh jadik wakil rakyat *LOL*

No comments: