Wednesday, April 19, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGAH

19th April, Happy Birthday Angah!


Sampai rumah lewat tadi, jalan jem sebab hujan, tak sempat singgah Secret Recipe untuk beli cheesecake yang Angah suka. The nearest cakehouse is King's, so I bought her a blueberry cheese cake, like in the pic. OKlah, sedap jugak. Dah tua-tua ni, segan plak nak tiup lilin, so potong je la kek tu hehehe.

My growing up years shared with Angah, were sometimes happyville, and sometimes turbulent. Beza umur aku ngan Angah cuma tiga tahun. I seem to recall masa Ibu dodoikan Angah yang masih baby, aku asyik nak menyempil dan mintak didodoi juga... hehehe jeles le gamaknya tuh!

Tapi jeles gitu-gitu je le, mom says tak pernah la pulak dia nampak aku cubit ke cocok mata dia ke. Oh no, we reserved the violence until we were school-age, hah! :-) Weh, gaduh sampai cakar-cakar, cubit, tarik rambut bagai. Tapi kejap je gaduh, lepas tu we had no choice but to make-up, kalau idak mati kutu dibuatnya. Being city dwellers cooped up at home in a new residential area with not many kids around, most of the time we only had each other to entertain us hehehe. Also, we were schooling in KL, where mom used to teach, so takde le kenal kids in the neighbouring area.

My parents always showed fairness to both of us. Masa kecik dok boria la, baju sama, kasut sama, haircut pun sama. Equally share mainan, share makan, but that didn't stop us from berebut, of course! Then, I went away to boarding school. Bila balik cuti sem, punya la seronok jumpa Angah, pokpekpokpek dari pagi sampai ke petang. Masuk 5-6 hari, mula la bocokak balik hehehe :-) But by then, the fights were usually verbal, takde cakar-cakar dah. Ada satu insiden tu, kalau tak silap masa aku Form 4, Angah pernah jerit "Pegi balik asrama la! Angah lagi suka kalau Along takde kat sini!" Adeeehhh... terhiris boto ati den dibueknyo, den nangis sampai bongkak bijik mato laie.

But all that is water under the bridge la. Sekarang dah dewasa, we are much closer, we help, communicate, share opinions, confide in, seek advice more with each other, and I truly enjoy her company. I still remember the tender moments, one of which was just as she was being wheeled on a gurney into the delivery ward for baby Ajiq's birth, I held her hand, kissed her forehead and wished her the best of luck. *alamak, dah rasa syahdu plak isk isk..*

Baby Ajiq, Angah & Bangah

Sesekali tu mesti la ada gak muncung sket, biasa la, sisters. At a time when I was most emotionally-fragile, Angah & hubby had been very kind in 'sharing' their baby Ajiq with me, and for that I am grateful. But I suspect the sharing, especially during Ajiq's poopoo times, is sometimes due to her malas-ness to cebok her son hahaha :-D

Whatever it is, I love my sister very much, as I love the rest of my family! My do'a for you, dear sister, is to always be in Allah's rahmah, blessed with good health, happiness & prosperity, for you & family.

And oh, you'd better buy me a nice cake for my birthday plak nanti, ya hear?

4 comments:

Izhal said...

happy birthday angah... anak angah nampak cute ...

Lily G said...

For your birthday, i'd recommend cheesey choc from secret recipe..peeeegh

JIE said...

Izhal,

Anak angah cute sebab ikut rupa maklong dia... (eh, mana kesinambungannya?)

JIE said...

Lily,

Choc cheese? Doubly sinful hehehe :-) No need to wait for birthday, always have pastries/cake & coffee for dessert every other Friday during girls' lunchdate days (oh my poor clogged arteries!)