Sunday, December 18, 2005

BUJANG BERANI

Remember our trip to Balai Seni Lukis Negara years and years ago, Kaez?

This particular sculpture caught our attention. "Bujang Berani" by Bayu Utomo. Walk up to an art piece, view, ponder for a while, macam la paham sangat pun hehehe. After that, the more important part of the trip - crossover to the Railway Station A&W to gobble up waffle, rootbeer, coney dog, heaven la zaman tu!

Suddenly pikiranku melayang-layang, teringat those days, when we had time to go outing, meraban, tengok wayang - you're the movie nut who can actually watch 2 movies back to back kan. Hehehe this is all your fault, for bringing up that 17-years bit in your earlier comment!

btw, I still love that particular sculpture.

3 comments:

Amiruddin Karim said...

Ahh... the old balai seni lukis across the old KTM station. (did I just say 'old' twice?)

I remember that sculpture. I remember another of such sculpture by Bayu Utomo which later became part of teh cover for Search's Album.

What I don't remember is the title of that album..

JIE said...

Ah, I think it was this one, Lang Kacang. I haven't seen it in real life, but it's along the same theme with Bujang Berani, but got legs, right?

I don't remember the title of that album either :-(

elmaaniq said...

Search's album - Rampage (1992)